Friday, May 30, 2014

Author Spotlight~ Tina Bass


Tina Bass is a light erotic romance writer, who loves a happily ever after. She lives in a small town in Virginia with her three children. She is a normal everyday mom of one grown and two almost grown teenagers who has recently discovered the joys of writing.
When not busy writing, Tina enjoys reading and shopping for vintage items. She came into writing later in life, after her characters decided to take over and she could hear the stories in her head.













Start the Safe Series with book 1 - His Safe Keeping 

Krista Avery moved to the sleepy town of Mt. Eve, Virginia, away from big city life, enticed there by a research doctor that is fascinated with her blood. Trying to build a life for herself after a horrific event in her past sent her into a spiral, she is a woman battling a rare blood disorder and the memories she has never dealt with. Returning home from the hospital after the Doctors experimental treatment, a dizzy spell forces her to pull over to the side of the road. 

Lawson “Kade” McKaden is a State Trooper, ready to retire, returning home after a transport to a Federal Prison that wasn’t supposed to be his. After a stint in the Air Force and a satisfying career, he is ready to leave the uniforms behind for the life of a rancher. But a broken down car on the side of the road calls to his sense of responsibility and the sick woman inside calls to his heart. They have more in common than they know. 

An escaped rapist turned serial killer is hunting her. She was his first and he has plans to be her last. Together can they beat back the demons from her childhood? Will Krista have to face the demon from her past alone, or is she Kade’s for… His Safe Keeping? 

Buy Link:


His Safe Keeping, the first book in the Safe Series:
When he turned to watch her, all he saw was that sexy ass, in those too fuckin’ short shorts she had on. He growled as he followed her inside. He walked into the kitchen behind her, and she had her back turned toward him, reaching up into the cabinets for glasses. Kade all of sudden grabbed her arm, swung her around, leaned down and put his lips to hers, kissing her.
Krista froze for a heartbeat when Kade’s mouth met hers, and she felt his tongue touch her lips. She parted her lips and his tongue slipped into her mouth. Waves of pleasure made Krista’s knees weak. He was kissing her!


Author Interview:

Author Spotlight
1.      Tell us about your book/books?
My books are strictly romance, with a happily ever after, but with a little twist… a surprise thrown in to keep it all fresh and interesting.

2.      How did you get started as a writer?
I discussed it with a friend after writing a paragraph or two, and was encouraged by her wanting to know more.  With her agreeing to help, a new author was born.

3.      What’s a typical day like for you?
Just like everyone else.  A busy mom of teenagers, my day ranges from early in the morning to whenever at night.  I try and make sure that I have time to write a little each day between the chaos.

4.      Describe your workspace.
Wherever I can find the time to write, I do.  It might be in my room, the living room, or even the back deck…. Depends on the day and what’s going on in the household.

5.      Favorite books?
J. D. Robb’s In Death books will always be a favorite.  I also enjoy J. R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood books and Kristen Ashley’s books.  Tessa Bailey and Rebecca Zanetti are another favorite of mine, and I could go on and on.

6.       Tell us 3 interesting things about you.
This is a difficult question…. I can talk about anything, when I feel like talking, for hours and hours.  I can’t read books out of order; must read them in order and if I can’t get them in order, then I have to wait until I can.  My best friend tells me I’m a saint because of my patience with my children and life in general.

  Favorite quote:
“That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.”  Walt Whitman
“What will your verse be?”  Robin Williams

8.       Best and worst part of being a writer?
The best is it’s FUN!  And it gives the voices in my head somewhere to go.  The worst would be when moving from one character scene to the next…. Or when I simply can’t find the time I would like to sit and just write.

9.     Advice to writers?
Not to necessarily quote Nike, but Just Do it!!  Start and then keep going.  Believe you can and write.  To paraphrase Maya Angelou “…if you wake up each day and all you can think about is writing, then you’re meant to be a writer.”




1 comment:

  1. Loved this book and can't wait for the next one in the "Safe Series!" I think this is one of the "up and coming" to watch out for!!

    ReplyDelete