Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Author Spotlight- E. Montgomery






I was born in Williamsburg Virginia and raised in Yorktown Virginia so paranormal inspiration was easily obtained. I have 4 awesomesauce kids and an AMAZING husband. Currently I'm working on Book two in the Dyphillum Series. I'm a google junkie and can find a pic on google to fit any conversation and will cyber stalk a topic till my eyes hurt if I am interested in it enough. Coffee and gummy bears are an hourly habit. Some of my favorites include: Reading (of course), writing (well duh), baking fancy shmancy cakes, painting and last but not least hanging out with the fam <3


I love reading YA and NA books especially paranormal romance. I am an aspiring author working on my first book titled Persecution. I always wondered what authors were talking about when they said their characters tell them what to write, I get it now!




They were exiled from their clan.
Made to leave the only home they ever knew.
They knew the curse would kill them if they didn’t leave.
Isaac erased her memories to give her a better life.
SHE HAS TO COME BACK.
SHE IS THE CHOSEN ONE.
Only Cecily can defeat the hunters.
Isaac swore his heart to protect her.
Julian swore his life to protect her.
But in the end will it be Isaac and Julian that needs saving?










"Persecution" Buy Links:


Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.com/149927226X


Julian
TODAY WAS JUST like every other mundane day until I saw that car pull into the station.
No one around this town has a car like that except one girl. “Cecily,” I thought out loud.
I stooped down low so I could get a good look out of the window of the makeshift stockroom. These dusty old windows didn’t allow for a clear look, but I knew it was her; I could sense her.
My elbow bumped into a shelf that sent four cases of soda crashing to the ground, which caused Ol’ Red to bark. “Shit!” I ran over to shut the stockroom door when I saw her rush through the storefront, making me stop dead in my tracks and stare at her through the crack in the door.
What is she doing here? Does she remember? “She can’t, can she?” I said to myself before I slipped out of the door as quietly as I could and walked toward the front counter where the mop was; the stockroom floor wasn’t going to clean itself. Maybe she would say something when she saw me. I would give anything to hear my name come off of those sweet lips, to see her face. “Okay, I am just going to say hi and leave it at that,” I whispered without meaning to.
As I walked over to where she was grabbing a drink, I saw she was turning around; oh crap, she was turning around way too fast … She totally just went face first into my chest. What do I do, do I say something? Jeeze, you would think I was a girl. She was mumbling something. It’s cute and I couldn’t help but laugh.


Cecily
We were back at the estate in under a minute. He had me inside on the couch, under a blanket like I had the flu; it was kind of cute how concerned he was.
“Here, drink.” He handed me a glass of crimson liquid and it smelled divine; I forgot how luscious that liquid was rolling down the back of my throat.
“More,” I growled as I gulped the last of it, “I want more.”
“You can’t always get what you want, now can you?” a strange male voice came from the stairs.
“Jules?” Isaac sounded startled.
“Ah, lil’ brother, I see you found your one true love,” Jules said in a mocking tone.
“What are you doing here? You said this place was too small to spread your wings that you needed to fly.” Isaac handed his sarcasm right back to him.
“Not happy to see me, are you? I came here to save your life once again. I hear the Hunters are back and getting dangerously close to your precious little Cecily.” He was casually strolling down the stairs, tracing his fingers on the banister.
Jules walked toward me and circled like a lion stalking its prey.
He gently grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. “Nice to see you again, Cecily. I trust my brother here is taking good care of you?” The way he said my name sounded like a snake.
“Julian, what did you really come here for?” Isaac was starting to sound impatient and agitated. He was standing a good fifteen feet from Jules, arms crossed over his chest.
“Isaac here hasn’t told you everything, lovey.” He completely ignored his brother’s question and continued staring at me with those demon-like eyes. Unlike Isaac’s golden ones, Julian’s were as red as the fires of hell.
“Julian, I’m warning you.” Isaac stepped closer to me but was stopped dead in his tracks like he had hit a wall.
“Tsk, tsk, baby brother, you know that I don’t like to be interrupted.” Julian wagged his finger at Isaac.

Author Interview:

1. Tell us about your book/books? Persecution is a Paranormal romance with a little bit of everything, there is love, loss, mystery, betrayal and comedy. A clan of Vampire/Witch hybrids will have to fight for survival but there is one problem…the girl who could save them all doesn’t know what she is capable of or that she is even a Dyphillum. Isaac and Julian, two swoon worthy brothers, will have to help her remember everything, even if it means bringing back painful memories, to save her and prepare her for the battle that is headed their way.

2. How did you get started as a writer? I have always been a bit dramatic and love to exaggerate, putting it all into words just felt right when I was younger. I never actually thought I would publish a book to be honest haha! I was joking around with some friends in a chat one day and we were throwing out random synopsis based on pics we saw, well I threw one out there and they all said it needed to go into a book. I was hesitant at first but then it just started flowing out and I was done with book one…that is how Persecution came to be.

3. What’s a typical day like for you? Well, I have 4 kids, 2 of which are not in school yet, usually get the boys up around 6am, make breakfast, throw a load of laundry in the wash, clean up breakfast, get the boys off to school. The girls usually wake up by this time and the battle commences to get the 3 year old to eat something other than a pb&j…for breakfast. The 5 year old wants to show me everything on her tablet that she has done since the day she got it, then its usually selfie time (she loves to take selfies but she doesn’t understand the concept of taking the pic herself lol I become a photographer), switch laundry from washer to dryer, insert 3-5 hours of playtime here and possibly a movie we have seen for the hundredth time. Then its lunchtime and hopefully naptime, if they take a nap mommy gets a few minutes to write. Around 2 “we” clean up aka, they sit on the couch and yell at me for not picking up their toys fast enough because I am in the way of Bubble Guppies. 230p Babysitter arrives, I get ready for work and head out the door. Get home around 1115pm, Hang out with the best husband in the entire world for a bit then break out laptop and write till either my fingers hurt or my head hits the laptop from dozing off, usually the latter, I have a pretty boring life but I LOVE it!

4. Describe your workspace. My writing workspace consists of a spot on the couch, my favorite blanket, a laptop desk (with my laptop on it of course) and a 3 year old that wants to know what mommy is doing every 2.5 seconds…she is adorable though so I answer her every 2.5 seconds lol

5. Favorite books? Eeekk! This is such a hard question, The Heven and Hell series by Cambria Hebert, Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick, Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout, Hidden Wings series by Cameo Renae, Better by Carey Heywood …the list could go on and on and on!

6. Tell us 3 interesting things about you. Hmmm, #1 I am terrified I am going to be murdered in the shower, even if the door is locked I always assume something will crawl out of the toilet and kill me Psycho style. #2 I will listen to the same song on repeat while I write, or get a small playlist of similar songs if I am writing for a long time. #3 I love to bake but don’t like to clean up the mess (I make a BIG mess with fondant haha), insert greatest husband ever here…he cleans up my mess when I bake! Love that man so much!

7. Favorite quote: Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

8. Best and worst part of being a writer? Best part is the feeling of accomplishment, I wasn’t sure how it would feel to publish a book but it was pretty dang awesome! Worst part is not having enough time to just write and write and write. I would love to go on a writers vaca, a week in paradise with my laptop *swoons*

9. Advice to writers? My best advice is Love what you do and do what you love, kind of cliché I know but also NEVER GIVE UP!  





Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Persecution is a little different from what I would normally read but I'm so glad I did. This is an awesome story that has everything you could possibly want: fast paced plot, characters that come to life on the page, lots of action, romance and they all weave together seamlessly.

There are few books that at the end, leave you screaming wanting more, but this is one of them!! This is part of a series so don't expect a HEA at the end and I'm ok with this because I want to read more from this author and I want to read more about these characters.

A paranormal book of the first class. It's dialogue is witty and natural. It's story flows smoothly and the characters just work. And for those of you new to the genre it is easy to slip into their world different entities.

Cecily and Isaac have been separated for hundreds of years. Something wants to destroy them. Isaac has been protecting and keeping his distance from Cecily, while she has no idea who he is. A chance meeting brings them back together and all hell breaks loose.

I would say that this has to be one of this year's must reads! Must have more!!



1 comment: