Monday, March 15, 2021

Our Chance by Margaret McHeyzer

 




Title: Our Chance
Series: Hope River #2
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Genre: Small Town Friends to Lovers Romance
Release Date: March 15, 2021


BLURB

We started out as friends.
But as time goes by I find myself developing a crush on Jake.
I’m fairly certain our attraction is mutual. When we’re together we’re dynamic, our chemistry is undeniable. But something is stopping us from acting on our feelings.
Resisting him is nearly impossible.
The problem is, I’m running from my past.
Jake’s the Sheriff of Hope River, and it wouldn’t be hard for him to uncover my secrets.
Do I risk telling him the truth, or do I run again?





REVIEW
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

We are back in Hope River with all its wonderful characters and the stories that come with them.

Town Sheriff Jake has kept his distance from Elle, keeping things friendly but not wanting to act on his feelings. He is a bit of an enigma, seemingly keeping his distance from everyone in town and not revealing too much of himself. Elle has a crush on him but has acted on it herself. She has immersed herself in town life but is holding a big part of herself back.

When Elle's secret threatens to come out, her instinct is to run again to protect herself and the residents of Hope River. However, Jake won't let her do this and his protective side comes out big time, insisting that he protect her from his home and keep her safe. He is patient in waiting for her to reveal her secret but not so patient with her reluctance to accept his help. 

The trust issues that both have - Elle with her secret and Jake in opening up his heart - are  well earned but together they might learn to open up and trust again, if they can survive the looming danger.

These characters have been through so much and experienced losses that no-one should have to endure but they are strong and hopeful and may be just willing to take a chance. This was a different read to the first in the series but it still packed a punch with lots to keep you on the edge of your seat, whilst still having the emotional elements that we have to come to associate from Margaret McHeyzer's writing.

PURCHASE LINKS

$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






COMING SOON


Releasing April 9

$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






AUTHOR BIO

STRONG, BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS CHARACTERS. 

**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.

Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best-selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.
My last six books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and stories.
My writing genres all differ, but the one thing I keep consistent is my heroines. All my female lead characters are strong, gutsy and not the 'perfect' woman. While my books all have romantic elements in them, they aren't just about the romance. They're about finding strength, acceptance and making life long connections.
I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I have while writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment