Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review of "Afraid to Love" By: M.J. Nightingale


"Afraid to Love" By: M.J. Nightingale 
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆ 

Ana has been burned before so she is the one who does the burning, while taking her sister Monica out to get her out of her self imposed slump. Ana thinks that men are only good for one thing, she has her sights on Teddy the bartender, who isn't her usual type. Her type is dark, menacing and tall. She took her sister home, she stopped at her house to get some clothes for the next day. Ana fears that Teddy isn't like the others. The next day after Teddy and Ana had sex, she had low blood sugar she left the door ajar when Teddy found her he accused her of being a drug addict, saying that he doesn't have sex with drug addicts. Ana left, she left a note for him saying that she was a diabetic and left her phone number. He called to apologize to Ana for saying that, he wants to see her again Teddy wants more from her. Ana doesn't want a relationship because of what happened to her at the age of 24. What happened to Ana?  Ana gave herself a task to get Monica out of her slump, she is 34 with long red burgundy hair. She likes her men younger, she is also a diabetic. Teddy is a bartender, he acts like he has never been picked up in a bar before. Really cares about Ana, willing to give her space and time. He has blonde hair with brown eyes. Monica is Ana's sister, she is gun shy around men. She was raped when she was younger. Lou is Ana's friend, she had a daughter at 16 . She was in a abusive relationship, cares a lot about Ana and she put her life on hold to raise her daughter. There are many more characters in this book.  While reading this book I felt happy, sad. One of the quotes that I thought was sad is “ I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to be hurt, calling it something, in my mind at least, makes me feel like I am setting us up for failure. I don't know how to explain. Please just a bit more time.” MJ Nightingale is a amazing author, I highly recommend this book. This book is my first book by MJ and it will not be my last. 

Get your copy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment