Saturday, February 22, 2014

Author Spotlight: Lan Le Phongkhammeung!


1. Tell us about your book/books? ‘Beginning with Forever’ is the first book of two in my Forever series. The second one is called ‘Ending with Forever.’ It’s a sweet love story of first and second love. It has a little of everything to keep readers enticed. There’s a wicked woman you just want to kick her ass, there’s suspense because of Carson’s billionaire background, twisted plot with mingling characters, hot steamy sex and just aw….moments throughout the book. I wrote a lot of the sweet scenes based on my favorite parts in romance books—the ones that give you goosebumps after you read it and think, “Why can’t my husband say or be like that?”  LOL

2. How did you get started as a writer?  It actually started out as a challenge from my friends. They told me that I should write my own steamy romance. We laughed about it for a while until I decided to pick up a pen and write my very first sentence about a year and six months ago. Ever since then, I’ve been lost in my world of Carson Bradley and Lillian Ly.

3. What’s a typical day like for you? I work at a radiation oncology clinic for eight hours a day. When I get home from work, I have two adorable little girls I have to drive around for tennis, piano and girl scouts (thank goodness it’s not every day). We eat dinner, do homework, read and get them in bed. My writing usually starts around 10:00pm till about 1:00am, and then I start my day all over again.

4. Describe your workspace. I have pictures of David Gandy, my Carson muse, and Kristin Kreuk, my Lillian muse, pasted on a cork board. I find that pictures are super helpful and inspirational to me. My office is a disaster since I started writing because all I want to do is dive into my Forever world.

5. Favorite books? ‘The Notebook’ by Nicholas Sparks is my most favorite book. I also enjoy Sylvia Day’s series, and my indie author favorite, Georgia Le Carre’s Banker series.

6. Tell us 3 interesting things about you. I’m a self-taught floral designer, seamstress and photographer. I hate melted ice cream and mushy bread. I’m left handed, but golf right handed.

7. Favorite quote: “Sacrifices aren’t sacrifices when you love someone.” By Lan LLP J

8. Best and worst part of being a writer? The best part of being an indie writer so far is meeting some of the most amazing people. I’ve made so many new friends who have the same passion as me and can completely relate to all the anxiety and stress that comes with writing and pouring your soul out to people. The worst part is waiting for readers’ responses to your work. If you don’t hear back from them then you get panicked and start to fret about whether they liked or hated it.

9. Advice to writers? Don’t judge your own work! I always find myself comparing my writing to other writers and think why can’t I write more like so and so. ‘Well, if you did then it wouldn’t be Lan LLP’s work.’ This is what a wise writer once told me. Writers are their own worst critic. I absolutely agree with this. Even after a year and six months, I still wasn’t ready to give it up. Let your creativity and imagination be the results of your work, not other’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment