Friday, December 10, 2021

Western Waves by Brittainy Cherry

 




Title: Western Waves
A Compass Series Standalone
Author: Brittainy Cherry
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 9, 2021


BLURB

I always believed in fairy tales, but he preferred horrors.

Damian Blackstone didn’t care about my existence. He came into my world for one reason only. He came to find answers about his past.

He moved like the villain in my favorite fairy tales. He wasn’t the one who received the happily ever afters; he was the one who destroyed them.

Which was why I couldn’t understand why the man who raised me set it up in his will for Damian and me to be married. I wasn’t certain I’d be able to live with a man like Damian. We were as opposite as any two people could be. I loved to bathe in the sunlight while he prospered in the shadows.

I didn’t think I’d develop feelings for the one who looked at me as if I were nothing more than a means to an end. Yet in his darkness, sometimes I’d see sparks of light. I’d see gentleness. I’d see his soul.

We became entangled with one another as we fell into mistakes and called them fate. I was his Cinderella, and he was my Beast.

I wasn’t certain that twisted fairy tales ended with happily ever afters.
Still, I was determined to find out.





REVIEW
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Damian and Stella are complete opposites of each other and when their paths cross there are fireworks.. Unfortunately their first encounter is not good one and their second one doesn't go much better. So when Stella needs to marry him to inherit, she is reluctant to agree. 

Damian appears cold and closed off. He definitely has his walls up but for understandable reasons, Brought up in the foster care system, he moved from place to place never really belonging. When he discovers his biological father has died, he returns for the funeral to discover he will inherit if he marries Stella.

Stella was brought up by Damian's father when her own mother died. Whilst she was mostly happy and content there, the women he married were not kind to her. So whilst she comes across as bubbly and open and happy, her self-esteem and her understanding of her own self worth is actually quite low.

Once Damian realises that Stella has no plans to go anywhere he starts to open up and through this he is able to help Stella with seeing that she is an amazing woman and deserves the world. Stella doesn't give up on him either and helps him relax and let others in. 

I loved how these two complemented each other perfectly and brought out the best in the other, enabling them to be their true selves. It was a beautiful journey even though there were some ugly moments from other people along the way.  This was another beautiful read by Brittainy Cherry who never disappoints with her story telling.


PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







AUTHOR BIO

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.


AUTHOR LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment