Friday, April 9, 2021

Healing Hearts by Margaret McHeyzer

 




Title: Healing Hearts
Series: Hope River #3
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Genre: Small Town 
Friends with Benefits Romance
Release Date: April 9, 2021


BLURB

We started out as friends with benefits, we were never meant to be anything more.
I was content with how we were, but feelings developed and Charlie was asking for something I couldn’t give.
However, my past is standing in the way. He wanted all or nothing...
Losing him isn’t an option, but is the possibility of having my heart broken a risk I’m willing to take?





REVIEW
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

If you have read the other two books in the series then you will have met Charlie (Hope's brother) and Tabitha (Aunt May's niece). These two have a friends with benefits relationship going on, without the friends part. This is all that Tabitha wants and can cope with, whilst Charlie wants to go all in with her. 

Tabitha's life has been pretty much loveless, except for Aunt May. Her parents never had time for her and her mother has made her feelings perfectly clear. Anyone she gets close to leaves or betrays her. Therefore in her mind, she is better off alone and closed off than to take a chance and let anyone get close to her. When Charlie wants more she closes herself even more. However, Aunt May and Charlie are not giving up on her. Unfortunately, whilst I completely empathise with Tabitha and the way her life has gone and the fact that these experiences have left her feeling inadequate, worthless and unlovable, the way she expresses these feelings comes across as a whiny to me. In particular because there is lots of repetition of her arguments in the same conversations. It is clear that she has relied on these arguments for so long that they are part of her armour and she can't see beyond this. This is her self-talk and until she start to change her own perception of herself, there can't be any change. 

Charlie is a remarkable man with a strength of character and in his convictions, holding out for more with Tabitha even if that means that he might end up with nothing. He sees Tabitha for who she is beyond her walls and through her arguments. Charlie has experience of his own heartbreak and being used. 

Margaret McHeyzer's writing always pulls me in with the emotive and heartfelt stories and relatable and believable characters. In Hope River, she has created a community of characters that are joyful to be around and that you want to come back to time and time again. This was another beautifully written book that I found myself immersed and didn't want to leave until every last word had been read.

PURCHASE LINKS

$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






ALSO AVAILABLE


FREE for today only!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Always free in Kindle Unlimited



$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






AUTHOR BIO

STRONG, BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS CHARACTERS. 

**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.

Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best-selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.
My last six books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and stories.
My writing genres all differ, but the one thing I keep consistent is my heroines. All my female lead characters are strong, gutsy and not the 'perfect' woman. While my books all have romantic elements in them, they aren't just about the romance. They're about finding strength, acceptance and making life long connections.
I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I have while writing them.



No comments:

Post a Comment