Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Hitting the Wall by Cate C. Wells

 

Title: Hitting the Wall
Series: Stonecut County #1
Author: Cate C. Wells
Genre: Small Town Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 12, 2021


She’s not a secret. She’s a second chance.

Shay
Six years ago, the good, upstanding men of Stonecut County ran me off. I took a secret with me. An inconvenient truth they wanted buried.
Actions have consequences. Their perfect golden boy maybe wasn’t so perfect after all.
Then life hands me one too many lemons. I’m forced to go back, and in Stonecut, nothing ever changes.
Kellum Wall is still golden.
I’m still unwanted.
And falling for his cocksure smile will most certainly ruin my life all over again.

Kellum
I believe there are still good men left in this world, and I strive to be one. I was raised to live by a code. God and country. Protect and serve.
I always do the right thing, even when it’s hard—and yet, somehow, I’ve made an unforgivable mistake.
I want what I lost. The woman, the child, the white picket fence. But it’s not gonna come easy.
Shay’s a survivor. She doesn’t believe in happily ever after, and earning her trust might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
She’s got my heart in her hands, though, and this time—I’m not letting her slip through my fingers.

Hitting the Wall is a steamy, small town romance featuring a secret baby and a second chance at love. It’s the first book in the Stonecut County series. Intended only for adult readers.





"A perfect secret baby story...a gut wrenching journey that leaves you on edge the entire time. -T. Hogan, Goodreads
"Cate C. Wells is becoming a one-click author (without even reading the blurb) for me. I love her writing. It's raw and uncompromising, with characters that are flawed, real, and relatable versus being perfect caricatures." Jen, Booksprout
"This was a fantastic read. It was so incredibly well written and such a beautiful story. I LOVED it! Got sucked in and then wasn't able to put it down until I finished, which was slightly problematic with my work and family life." BookLoverinSeattle, Goodreads





It’s her.

The girl with the auburn hair. From the night at the bonfire.

My heart slams into my ribs, adrenaline surging through my veins. My hand is on the door handle. She’s standing there, skin glistening with sweat, hip cocked, foot turned out, in a pale pink blouse and brown patterned skirt, shading her eyes.

It’s her. There’s no doubt. Those round hips and trim waist. That stubborn chin. I swallow past a lump lodged in my throat, and I get out of the car. I remember my hat a second too late.

What’s she doing back here in Stonecut County? By the side of the road?

I wipe my hands on my thighs. Square my shoulders. The heat hits me like a brick wall, stealing my breath.

I see the moment she recognizes me. Her entire body goes rigid. She grabs the little girl’s upper arm and tugs her close to her side. The action draws my eyes down.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.




Cate C. Wells is the author of the Steel Bones Motorcycle Club series. She writes gritty, real, emotionally satisfying romance. She’s into messy love, flaws, long roads to redemption, grace, and happy ever after, in books and in life.
Along with stories, she’s collected a husband and three children along the way. She lives in Baltimore when she’s not exploring America with the family. #allfiftystates Want a heads up on new releases and special offers? Sign up for my newsletter at catecwells.com



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment