Friday, March 7, 2014

Review of "Silver Lining" by E.J. Shortall

"Silver Lining" by E.J. Shortall
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

        Are you looking for a genuinely feel-good story about two wonderful people coming together to complete each other? You’re in luck, because this story has all of that and more. Amber is a woman coming out of a horrible relationship, moving into the world on her own for the first time. Craig is a successful businessman with a semi-truck full of baggage and a long-standing choice to never settle down. All bets are off when they spot each other across a crowded dance floor however. “Don’t you get it? Don’t you see? You’ve come along and completely blindsided me with your beauty and grace. From the moment I first saw you, I’ve wanted you, Amber. Do you hear that? I. Want. You.” Amber and Craig dive head first into a whirlwind romance that has everyone’s head spinning, but will fear and Craig’s baggage keep them apart in the end? I adored the authenticity of the characters in this book. Amber is a sweet, smart woman who while lacking self-confidence and world experience has so much to offer and knows exactly what she wants and isn’t afraid to open herself up to get it. Craig is single-minded in his pursuit of Amber and it’s charming and refreshing to see a man (even with his baggage) stay true to his heart, open himself up and really go for what he wants. “You waltzed into my life like a stick of dynamite, blowing apart the walls I had built around my heart. You showed me that true, genuine love does exist.” This book is a steamy, sexy, fun journey with a fantastic cast of characters that made me laugh out loud, tear up right alongside each one and cheer for them all endlessly. I’m looking forward to reading the next book!

Get your copy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment