Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review of "Not Enough" by Leigh Ann Lunsford


"Not Enough" by Leigh Ann Lunsford
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

          Brielle is a smart talking, capable and independent woman who’s just graduated from the University of Tennessee and moved home to resume taking care of her three siblings on their grandparents’ farm. Colby is a tall, gorgeous, physical therapist with a hopelessly romantic side that falls in love at first sight with Brielle and moves in to sweep her off her feet. Brielle has been closed off for so long, will she be able to let Colby in? I am absolutely in love with the first half of this book. There were moments that made me laugh so hard I was gasping for breath. And there were other moments that were so sweet and tender I was wiping tears from my cheeks. The characters are smart, sassy and exceptionally witty especially when read (in my mind) with a thick Southern accent. The author absolutely nails the dialogue, the family interactions, the character development – all of it just reeled me in hook, line and sinker. Brielle has some issues in her past that provide just enough of a wedge between her and Colby that when he reacts badly to a couple of out of context situations, the whole relationship threatens to unravel and Brielle and Colby have to figure out which way to head next. Ultimately this book took me on a fun journey with a fantastic cast of characters. I hope the next book brings back the fun, snap and sass that this author writes so incredibly well.


Get your copy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment