Monday, May 23, 2022

Raiden by Ali Lucia Sky

 

Title: Raiden
Series: Somnolence
Author: Ali Lucia Sky
Genre: Rockstar Romance, Paranormal Romance, New Adult
Release Date: June 6, 2022
Cover Design: Marcos Nogueira



I never expected to see my favorite rock band standing in the office of my high school getting their schedules. Kids my age aren’t known for touring the world and making music for the masses, but Somnolence is.

They welcome me. Raiden takes me in, loves me… it’s like a dream. Until darker forces, nightmares, and their own dark appetites come for me.

Disclaimer & Trigger Warning:
This title is in the mature New Adult genre and meant for an audience of 18+ due to triggering situations such as domestic violence and assault, PTSD, reference to sexual assault, sexual situations including MF, MFM, light MM & light FF, profanity and substance abuse.







 

Jumper walks over and points to the schedules in my hand. “We need to move on to those, but karma’s punishing Jonah for being a dickwad. He can’t open his locker.”

I glance over and see him fighting with it. I struggle with the good voice and bad voice in my mind. I want to make him suffer for being a prick, but my feet are already moving me toward him because I’m a good person. “Do you need a hand?”

“Are you offering to stroke me off?” Jonah asks, with frustration heavy in his tone.

“No.” I push him from his locker, grabbing his slip. “But I will see if it’s your charming personality that the lock is put off by or if the combo is just wrong.”

The rest of the guys chuckle and a second later, I spin the combination and the door opens. I look at Jonah and arch an eyebrow. “It’s not it, it’s you.”

“Good to know. Keep the slip, stalker. You can open my locker from now on.” He slams it shut and moves to the other guys.

“Aren’t you worried about me snooping through it and selling your stuff on auction sites?” I ask full of snark.

“I don’t plan to put anything in there, so no.” He looks at me over his shoulder like I’m a bug.

“Whatever, asshole. Let’s get this tour over. I need clothes for tonight and an excuse for not having my school work done.” I power walk by all of them.

“Nice going, Duke of Douche. Our tour guide is getting the impression that we are all assclowns because of you,” Jumper says.

I don’t slow down. Over my shoulder I say, “The library is just up here. It’s two stories. Study rooms have no windows or locks. IF you plan to do anything in those rooms, lean against them or put a chair under the knob. Don’t try to make out in the stacks. Someone is always watching. And I’m not talking about your notoriety. I mean that people here at PHS are hungry for gossip. Nothing stays secret forever.”

“Why do you need clothes for the night?” Raiden asks.

“I have a father that believes homelessness is a punishment. So I can’t go home tonight,” I answer, before thinking better of it. Of course, all they would have to do is ask around and someone would tell them. As I said, there are no secrets here.

“Now…” I continue. “The cafeteria is further down this hall. The taco bar is to die for. Don’t bother with the buffet. The roast beef is disgusting, but the taco bar is an A+. Develop a taco obsession and love yourself for it.”

“That’s what she said,” Trace coughs.

“I’m really good with a fish taco.” Jumper wiggles his eyebrows.

I cringe and spin around. “You know, if it smells like fish it’s not fresh. You should pass and find one that isn’t so old and nasty.”

Raiden chuckles, his eyes are hot looking. “I hear that when it’s fresh, it smells like lilacs.”

I blush. I’m wearing an essential oil that smells like lilacs.

I turn away from his lusty look. “The cafe is, of course, seated by cliques. You will have to weigh out your options later today. I don’t see you sitting with the jocks. But any one of the chicks that sit in this room are going to want to be all over what you have going on there.” I circle my finger in their general direction. “It’s going to be a regular old feeding frenzy.”

“Where do you sit?” Jumper asks.

“Vivi and I sit on our own, back on the left, fourth table by the window. We aren’t part of any of the cool kids. Well, she is the coolest kid in this school. I don’t know why she hangs out with me. You will like her. She likes… males.” I bite my lip and taste the split part reopen and bleed.

Trace’s head tips to the side, seeming to catch something in my voice. “Does she?”

“Vivi’s sweet. She’s sensitive. She’s really easy to take advantage of though,” I say with steel in my statement.

Jumper nods.

Jonah snorts. “Your friend’s a slut, we got it.”




Ali Lucia Sky is the author of The Powers That Be series. She lives in Southern California with her husband and a house full of kitty cats and a yard full of crows.

She loves laughing, drinking good coffee, vegan food, and supporting animal rescues.
When she isn’t writing or dreaming of new stories, she can be found planning her next vacation because traveling is life.

If you encounter her in the wild, don’t be offended if she should run away. She’s timid with strangers, but can be plied with shiny things and pictures of your cat or dog.

She’s a weirdo like that.




HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment