Monday, December 14, 2015

On the Rocks by Gillian Jones







Title: On the Rocks
Series: Pub Fiction #2
Author: Gillian Jones
Genre: Contemporary Romance/New Adult
 Release Date: December 14, 2015




Blurb

Braunwyn

Four years ago losing the love of my life almost destroyed me.

Years of being labeled and looked upon with disdain by everyone in my hometown almost wrecked me.

Four years ago I became a mother and together we were enough...Until I met him.

He wanted to rebuild my broken–I just didn’t know how to let him.

This is my story of how one man’s love changed everything I thought I knew about life, love and myself.

But in the end, can Levi Eddison prove to be my restoration?

 
Levi

Everything in my world changed the day Braunwyn Daniels walked into my pub.

She was a woman of many contradictions. I recognized the happiness and sorrow each fighting its way to the surface from deep within.

I was drawn to her immediately.

Behind her long legs, chestnut brown hair and beautiful eyes laid a damaged soul.

I needed to change that–I just didn’t know how.

This is my story of how I met a broken girl and vowed to make her whole.

And in the end, it turns out I knew nothing about true happiness until Braunwyn Daniels let me love her.



Rating: 4.5*

 
Braunwyn is going to have her first job interview at Pub Fiction and it's her daughter Emmerson's first day of Junior kindergarten. Braun is on her final year at Brock University, she lives with her grams because her parents don't want anything to do with her. Grams always leaves the door open for the strays that always come by. London tells her that her and Grams think that its time for her to step out from time to time. Levi doesn't have time for a relationship, the only relationship that he has is with his club Pub Fiction. When Levi finds out that he is late for his first interview he was surprised to be told that Braun was a girl and not a guy. 


Braunwyn is working towards her Masters Degree in Child and Youth Studies, she is very chatty when she gets nervous. She is a fast learner, Levi nicknamed her Scrappy. Levi owns Pub Fiction, hosts a lot of fundraisers, he wants to be with Braunwyn. He is nicknamed Shaggy by Emme.


Emmerson is Brauwyn's daughter, “Emme” she is a very sweet little girl, she is in Junior Kindergarten. She is nicknamed Scooby. Grams helps Braun with Emme. She works during the day. London Braunwyn's friend, lives next door with her brother and sister. She goes to Brock University. Hillary is a social worker and Braun's friend. Brooke Anderson works at Pub Fiction, turns out to be good friends with Braun. 


This is the second book in the Pub Fiction series. This book is very well written and the characters are very well developed. I couldn't put this book down, I felt very connected to the characters. I can't wait to read more books by Gillian Jones.





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Note from the Author

Dear Reader,

Mental illness is a growing concern in our world today. On the Rocks is about surviving the aftermath of suicide, and believing in love again. Levi and Braunwyn’s love story is inspired by events that impacted the lives of people I care about deeply. With all of the research and ongoing concerns with mental health, I’ve decided to try and do something to bring awareness and light to this growing concern. I will be donating 10% of all pre-order and release week profits to Canadian Mental Health Association.
 
You can visit them here -> http://bit.ly/1LkT3kh

Thank you in advance for helping me to support this important cause. Gillian xx

‪#‎Takeaction ‪#‎GetLoud ‪#‎Dec14th ‪#‎OnTheRocks







Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Author Bio

I'm a wife, mother, and a crazy Canadian, living in Ontario with the loves of my life–my amazing hubby and sweetest little boy. I'm Admittedly addicted to... my friends, red wine, shoes, handbags, and laughter. My biggest addiction, however, is reading. That shit runs deep in my veins, I'm a lover of alpha males, hot sex, with a side of angst all topped off with the perfect happy ever after.





Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment