Sunday, February 2, 2014

Author Spotlight: Charlie Daye!


1. Tell us about your book/books? Children of Kria was something I came up with while having a bad day. And since killing people in today's society is highly frowned upon, I decided to create a world of immortal assassins that seek justice for those who would never get it on their own. Each story focuses on a different character in the world of Kriation and each character responds to a different kind of heart ache. Let's take the first three books in the series, for example.. Fury (Book 1) responds to the betrayal of a man to a woman, Raithe (Book 2) responds to rape, Vengeance (Book 3) responds to slavery and so on. The stories will differ from character to character. In some instances you made read about how the assassins came to Kriation and in other instances you may read about a hunt they go after already being a Child o Kria and in some instances you'll get both. The books are action packed thrill rides that are dark and deadly. They deal with issues that some may consider taboo or just downright disturbing.This will be a new writing style for my current fans who are used to my paranormal romance novels. You will find no romance in these books since they are considered fantasy novels, however, I'll still give your happily ever after.

2. How did you get started as a writer? I started writing at a very young age. My first short story was written when I was 13 as a class assignment. Most of the class wrote 1 to 2 pages, I wrote 8. From there, I progressed into poetry before writing my first full length novel, The House. I was working at a cemetery at the time and thought it would be fun to spend the days using my surroundings for inspiration.

3. What’s a typical day like for you? Oh, my days are fairly boring. If the mood strikes to me to write I could easily spend anywhere from 8-12 hours in front of the computer. When I'm not writing and there isn't incessant amounts of laundry to be done, you'll find me with my nose stuck in a book.

4. Describe your work space. My work space is fondly referred to as the dungeon because it's down in the basement area of my home. However, it doesn't look like a basement. Besides my desk, I have an off white love seat decorated with red throw pillows and New York themed art work.

5. Favorite Books? My favorite book of all time is Intensity by Dean Koontz. It's the only book on my shelf that's been read more than twice. I think my standing cunt is five times.

6. Tell us 3 interesting things about you. Hmmm...I have a Barbie doll collection that's worth more than most people make in a month, I grew up in several different foster homes and my longest standing relationship has been with my BFF Melissa. We've been friends since we were eleven.

7. Favorite Quote: This world would be a much better place if we all still thought with the mind of a child.

8. Best and worst part of being a writer? Best Part: Creating worlds and people that have only ever lived in my mind and sharing them with the world. Worst Part: The length of time it takes to complete one book.


9. Advice to writers? To have a dream is easy. To make that dream a reality takes courage and imagination. Never give up.


LIKE Charlie Daye on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-Daye-Author/344922355541838

No comments:

Post a Comment