Saturday, July 26, 2014

Book Tour: Rock Bottom by Jillian Neal

Displaying cover-450.png

Book Synopsis

Dan Vindico is the Chief of Elite Iodex, the fiercest, peacekeeping, police force in the Realm. He appears to have been constructed of raw sinew and steel. He’s sought revenge for his fiancĂ©e’s murder for the last decade. As he tears apart the men responsible, seemingly without end, he finds himself drowning in the riptide. Amelia’s kidnapper is going to walk free. The knowledge drives Dan to the brink.

Rainer Lawson, son of the assassinated Crown Governor and the newest officer to earn the Elite rank, can’t seem to do anything more than watch his boss be crushed under the weight. With Emily on another continent, Rainer has already let his guard down for one brief moment and has seen the brutality of the Interfeci. They’ve taken something he can’t ever get back. Can they be stopped? Can they save Vindico from the hellish abyss he seems determined to let consume him? 
 

Vindico can’t continue on. He’s reached the end. Narrowly escaping certain imprisonment and possible death, his body seems unwilling to fight anymore. While licking his inflicting wounds, in walks his saving grace. He’s hit Rock Bottom. Rainer, Logan, Garrett, and all of his men can’t save him. Perhaps, what he needs are the wings of an Angel. Can he have anything good in his life? Can he have true love again? How can he keep her from ending up like Amelia? Could it ever be worth the risk?


Excerpt

“Will you please tell me what’s going on?” Rainer demanded of Logan.

Pain was Logan’s predominant expression. He nodded.

“The papers finally broke the story of Samantha Peterson’s kidnapping and murder. The two men that were standing guard that night, their mug shots were in the news a day or two ago.” Logan sighed.

“Wretchkinsides figured out that I’d taken out his prize fighter.” Vindico interrupted. He clenched his jaw for a moment before continuing. “So, I assume, that, coupled with your and Garrett’s taking out the three drivers he’d trained and was so sure would be able to force Emily’s car off the road brought this on.” He didn’t seem to want to recall that particular story. Vindico drew a steadying breath. “We received his answering war cry.” He shuddered slightly.

“Ok, what was it?” Rainer demanded. Vindico looked him in the eye and offered him a steadying gaze. “I cannot tell you how sorry I am Lawson, but, uh, late in the night…



Author Bio:


Displaying 213__465__700__fill__100.jpg

I’m a Southern girl with a sassy mouth that occasionally gets the better of me. I’m an author, and a mama, and a wife to my high-school sweetheart that still keeps me smiling and my skirt flying up after all these years. I’m an Allure magazine obsessed, shoe-aholic, java junkie, toe ring lovin' girl, that creates characters, love scenes, and entire worlds on the fly while I’m in the carpool line at the school. I’m usually running around with my hair and my pen on fire! My granddaddy always said- "She's full of smarts, sass, and sizzle and that's a lot to get into barely five feet of girl with her head always in the clouds!"


Author Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment