Sunday, January 12, 2020

Mantrum by Jacob Chance

Title: MANTRUM
Author: Jacob Chance
Genre: Romantic Comedy Standalone
Release Date: January 10, 2020 
Cover Design: Sybil Wilson/Popkitty Design

Mantrum: An emotional outburst or an expression of anger by an adult man.
I’ve never understood the attraction women have for an alpha male, until I meet single father, Rex Winters.
Tall, chiseled, and persistent, he tries to avoid a parking ticket by asking me out to dinner. But I know men like him. He’s a repeat offender--habitually getting into trouble and always ready to sweet talk his way out of it.
But his charm won’t work on me.
Not when he’s the reason I’m forced to attend a six-week anger management class. And especially not when I find out all six feet two inches of Rex and his two hundred pounds of sexy muscle will be joining me every single time.
It doesn’t matter how much he flirts, or how attracted to him I am. I’m the girl who enforces rules for a living and he’s the guy who breaks them.
Do opposites really attract?
I guess we're about to find out.
Review
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

This is the first book by Jacob Chance that I have read. I have too many books sitting waiting to be read that I didn't dare to add another new to me author to that list.  Yep, I am now adding him to that ever-growing list.

To be honest it was the title 'Mantrum' that caught my attention with this book first and it didn't disappoint with its entertaining banter and story. 

Danika and Rex meet under unusual circumstances as she is giving him a parking ticket. Rex doesn't take well to this and as the public decide that their conversation is entertainment, both of them allow their emotions to get the better of them. This results in them both attending the same anger management class and them being the support partner for the other.  Of course this plays right into Rex's hands as he gets to spend time with Danika which is what he wanted all along. 

I really enjoyed the writing style, with plenty of laugh out loud moments along the way and a chemistry between Danika and Rex that had me looking forward to every interaction between them to see the growing sparks between them and to get immersed in the banter between the two.

After reading this I will definitely be coming back for more from Jacob Chance.

Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He's a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker and junk food lover.
A writer of sports romcoms and romantic suspense, he plans on providing you with many more stories.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment