Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Unexpected Letter by DL Gallie

Title: The Unexpected Letter
Series: The Unexpected Series
Author: DL Gallie
Genre: Contemporary Romance Novellas
Release: November 10, 2019
Could an unexpected letter change your life?
When it rains, it pours for me.

I discover I’m pregnant, with my dead fiancé’s baby, on the same day I’m due to bury him.

In my time of despair and need, I turn to Branson, my dead fiancé’s brother, best friend, and business partner. He doesn’t hesitate to offer me unwavering support at this difficult time; it’s the least he can do for his brother and the mother of his niece or nephew.

When I begin to develop feelings for him, I put it down to pregnancy hormones, but an unexpected letter changes everything.


“It’s time to go.” I stare at him, frozen on the spot. 
My head starts shaking from side to side. “I…I can’t do this,” I whine, “How do I say good bye to my fiancé and ba—” I cut myself off; I don’t want to share this news with anyone just yet. “Branson, please don’t make me do this. Please tell me this is a horrible dream, and I’m going to wake up, and when I walk downstairs I’ll find Kody playing that dumb fucking game on his phone.” I pause, looking up at him with tears pouring down my cheeks. I plead, “Please tell me this isn’t real. Please, Branson. Please.” Falling to my knees, I break down…for the millionth time in the last seven days. My body shudders as grief overtakes me. My sobs and cries mix into a horrendous howl. 
Branson races over to me and wraps his arms around me. “Shhhh, it's going to me all right, Kase. We will get through this together,” he whispers, running his hand soothingly up and down my back.
“I miss him sooo much, Branson,” I blubber. “And now, I don’t know what to do. I can’t say goodbye because then it all becomes real.”
“Kace, you will get through this. You are the strongest person I know.”
Staring at him through my tears, I sadly smile at him, calling bullshit on what he just said. As I stare at him, I realize I’ll now need him more than ever. Branson is my rock, my crying partner, my everything. Out of everyone, he feels the loss of Kody just as much as I do, but in a different way. He lost his brother, best friend, and business partner. In the last few days, I’ve found myself leaning on him in a way I didn’t think possible. However, with what I’m currently hiding in my pocket, and with his niece or nephew growing in my belly—over the next nine months—I’m going to need him more than I have ever needed anyone before.

DL Gallie is from Queensland, Australia, but she’s lived in many different places all over the world, including the UK and Canada. She currently resides in Central Queensland with her husband and two munchkins. She and her husband have been together since she was sixteen, and although they drive each other crazy at times, she couldn’t imagine her life without him. 
Shortly after her son was born, DL began reading again. With encouragement from her husband, she picked up the pen and started writing, and now the voices in her head won’t shut up.
DL enjoys listening to music, drinking white wine in the summer, red wine in the winter, and beer all year round. She’s also never been known to turn down a cocktail, especially a margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment