Friday, April 19, 2019

Learning Curve by Andi Jaxon




Title: Learning Curve
Author: Andi Jaxon
Genre: MM Student/Teacher Romance
Release Date: April 18, 2019



Blurb

Alister Bennet
Loyal, reliable... predictable even, I’ve always done what's expected of me. Stay out of trouble, get my teaching degree and build a respectable career as a college professor. The job comes with a long list of rules and at the top of that list is no fraternizing with students. Following the rules seemed easy enough, until a dark, tortured boy sat outside my office waiting for me. His voice told me it was his grade he was worried about, but the deep onyx pools of his eyes told me more as they shook the solid ground I’d always stood on.
Am I willing to risk my career, my carefully built reputation, to help one so filled with pain I can taste it?

Benjamin Wallace
Rejected, abused, and abandoned my entire life, all I’ve ever wanted was to be accepted, loved even. I thought going to college on a scholarship would be my ticket out of hell, but nothing good ever comes without a price. As graduation nears I find myself drawn to the mysterious professor like a moth to a flame. Just one meeting with the man that has been staring in my dreams has my soul screaming for him to hold me, comfort me. A relationship isn't just frowned upon, it's forbidden, but the heart doesn't always know the difference.

Can I trust my mangled heart in his perfect life when my past repeats itself or will he destroy what is left of me?

*Author's note: This is an MM teacher-student romance with themes including abuse and kidnapping. This story ends with a HEA.*




Review
Rating: 4.5*

This was a student/teacher forbidden romance but it was so much more than I was expecting.  Most books of this variety tend to use the sexual scenes to drive the story forward.  This was not the case here.  This was a story based in sadness and darkness that is brought into the light.  

Alister teaches maths at a Catholic college.  He is very much a favourite amongst the female students but he has no interest in them whatsoever.  He is gay but having to hide this side of himself in work but is out to his family.  When he first meets Ben, a student in his class, the attraction is instantaneous and he struggles to form a sentence or say anything at all.  

Ben needs to pass this course to graduate.  He is living on a knife edge with no money, barely a roof over his head, no heating or hot water and very little food.  He needs Alister to tutor him.  The fact that he is attracted to Alister is a bonus.  Ben has a past that no one deserves.  Living in foster homes, Ben has had no one in his life to take care of him or love except his best friend.  Trust in others and belief in himself is something that is lacking for him due to his past experiences.  When Alister starts to show an interest, Ben doesn't feel that he is worthy of him or his love.

This was a story of self discovery and a demonstration of what true love can bring to a life.  Under Alister's administrations, Ben thrives and shines bright and is able to see that he is worthy of love and more.  There was plenty of sadness and a darkness to their story but the journey brings them into the light.

Purchase Links

$2.99 for release week ONLY!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Trailer




Author Bio


From Dyslexic kid with a love of Algebra to a published author, no one is more surprised to find me here, than I am. I love to write about tortured pasts and hot sex, a happily ever after that has to be worked for. My stories tend to be a little dark but with some comic relief, typically in the form of sarcasm.


Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment