Sunday, October 22, 2017

Review of "Dirty, Rich One Night Stand" By: Lisa Renee Jones



"Dirty, Rich One Night Stand" By: Lisa Renee Jones
Rating: 3.5*

I am a massive fan of Lisa Renee Jones' writing.  However, I struggled a little with my review for this one.  I felt that she fell a little short here for me.  Don't get me wrong, I still completely enjoyed it, just not as much as her other works.

Let me explain.  Reese is a hot shot defense attorney who is lusted over for his good looks as well as winning ways.  Cat is a crime columnist covering one of his trials.  Their first encounter was refreshing and genius as Cat showed she is not someone who can be walked over.  It was a great dynamic between the two and a great way that they came together.  Whilst it was supposed to be one night only, it becomes something more quickly and they worked well together to find the truth in Reese's court case.

For me, it was the second half of the book that I was disappointed with as events force them apart.  For me, the telling of this from only Cat's perspective left me frustrated as great lengths of time passed without very much appearing to happen.  A little more from Reese would have helped here.

So whilst I loved the freshness and dynamics of the first half, I struggled to connect with the second half.




No comments:

Post a Comment