Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Masterpiece Trilogy by Nikki Lynn Barrett

THE MASTERPIECE TRILOGY 
Nikki Lynn Barrett
Official genre: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE SUSPENSE
Content warning: Suited for age 18+ due to sexual content and language.

A MASTERPIECE OF OUR LOVE
BOOK 1

The first in a contemporary romance with mystery elements trilogy! WARNING: Please note: This is a trilogy that follows the same characters. There is a mild cliffhanger in this book, as a mystery element is not solved in this story. 
Two Lives Torn by tragedy.
Eight-year-old Becca and twelve-year-old Hunter cling to each other and life after surviving a plane crash which stole their families.
Two Souls Seeking Love.
Each year, from the time she was old enough to travel on her own, Becca met up with Hunter on the island that altered their lives forever.
Until he stopped showing.
Her constant. Her link to the past. Gone in the blink of an eye.
Two Lives Bound by Secret.
Suffering more heartbreak, Hunter returns to the one place he's always sought comfort, the island where he and Becca met. It was the place that stole from him, and in the same instance gave to him. He hasn't been back or spoken to Becca in four years.
Though he's sure she must hate him for disappearing, Hunter discovers the girl gone, now a woman in her place. Hunter is determined to prove to Becca he isn't the same twelve-year-old boy of yesteryear.
But someone isn't happy about their reunion...
Strange things begin happening. Letters start showing up in their hotel rooms and at home with cryptic messages.
Two Broken Hearts Heal as One.
With the mystery unsolved, Hunter convinces Becca to spend the remainder of the summer back home with him, both for safety and to give them a chance to discover the adults they've now become.
Will love get a chance to blossom, or will the past come back and tear the masterpiece of their love apart once and for all?


Hunter followed Becca inside, taking in the sights of her living space. The walls were a plain dull white, but Becca had filled them up with painting after painting, many of which he'd never seen before. Right by the patio door sat a large easel. A beige sectional took up a good amount of space in the living room. "It's so homey. Very you." he said, continuing to look around. Why had he never come to see her home before?
"All these paintings... You know I'm going to have to ask again. Why are you not selling these in a gallery somewhere?"
Becca's cheeks reddened again. She faced him, taking his hands in hers. "You really think I should, don't you?"
"Well of course." He pulled her closer, sliding his arms around her waist. "You just wait. You'll meet people that are going to bow down to your talent. Don't be surprised if you have a few offers. Then when you're world famous, I can say with pride that I knew you back when. That I love the most amazing, talented artist on this planet."
Her eyelashes fluttered and she looked down for a second, then flashed her gaze back to him. "Say that again," she whispered.
"What? That I knew you back when?" His lips curved up in a grin. He knew exactly what she meant, but had to mess with her anyway.


A MASTERPIECE UNRAVELED
BOOK 2
As love blossoms, twenty year old secrets threaten it all... 
Becca and Hunter have always tried to make sense of a tragedy, but they never fully asked why. Why were they on the same plane? Where were they going or coming from? Recent events force them to find out everything they can about the plane crash and the events that led them there. 
Becca's always been strong. She's always found a safety net in Hunter, the man who saved her as a child and always stuck by her, giving her reason to go on when no one else gave her a chance. Now she fights to keep her strength going, but her fears begin to get the better of her. The facade she tries to hold up threatens to crack. 
Hunter is learning to fight his demons and put them to rest, but he can't help but worry about Becca and the future they've just begun to build. She's become the withdrawn person he'd been for the past few years and he doesn't know how to help, unless he finds the answers they both are desperate to know. 
They've always battled every storm together, but a new storm could sweep in and blow the foundation right out from under them... 
The second installment of the Masterpiece trilogy is full of twists, turns, and secrets that come unburied... 


"Becca? What's going on out here?" Hunter ran down the sidewalk toward them.
"This woman nearly knocked me over and when I try to help, she goes psycho on me as if I'm trying to hurt her. I didn't do anything to her, man." The guy took a few steps back.
Hunter knelt beside Becca, checking her over. "Did he try to hurt you?"
"I didn't-" the guy started.
Fresh tears in her eyes, Becca shook her head.
"I don't know. I did bump into him, and when he grabbed me I got scared."
"Come on angel, let's get inside then." Hunter held out his hand and helped get her on her feet.
"Crazies always come out at night. If your girl can't handle the dark don't let her out of your sight," the guy snarled, taking off.
She'd done it again. Panicked when nothing was going on. Practically attacked a guy most likely just trying to help, especially when she was the one who ran into him.
Hunter slid an arm around her shoulders. She limped away, her knee throbbing from hitting the ground. Before they went back inside, he stopped her on the patio by touching her shoulders, keeping her in place. "This isn't good, Bec. You can't-"
She stepped away from him. "I know. I can't keep doing that. You think I don't know this! I don't want to be jumping all over everyone when they're innocent bystanders! I hate losing my mind! I'm afraid I'm going to hurt somebody because I can't stop thinking someone's going to come after me again! I heard voices, talking about scaring someone. Part of me thought they were talking about me. Is that what you want to know? I'm paranoid. There, I said it."
Becca left Hunter standing there in shock as she bolted back indoors.


A FOREVER MASTERPIECE
BOOK 3
Becca and Hunter plan a future without knowing their past... 
Few people know the entire truth about Becca and Hunter's connection. Even fewer are living. One is in hiding, and another is closer than they think. They're still no closer to knowing everything. Hunter gets a piece of his old life back, while Becca still longs for all the answers. 
One terrifying night brings consequences... 
Someone doesn't want them to find the answers and will go to dire lengths to keep the past hidden. The question is, who? With so many people involved, which one of them would go to the extreme to make sure they never know? 
The hunter becomes the hunted... 
With the one person who started the whole thing in hiding, everyone is desperate to find her and gain the truth or keep her silent forever. It's only a matter of time... 
The final installment of the Masterpiece Trilogy is full of triumph, mystery, romance, and so much more. Prepare for the twists and turns as Becca and Hunter make their way to forever.


Needing to lighten the mood before his heart broke even more, Hunter took Becca's hands in his. He gave her a light, mischievous smile. "You know, I never did get to bring a girl in my room to kiss her." Not at twelve. He hadn't been interested in girls that way, really. Not yet.
Had Becca been in his room when his parents brought her home? Did they bring her here, even for a while? They had to have before bringing her to the Langes. Hunter tried to picture what baby Becca looked like. Had he been curious about a tiny baby all of a sudden in the house? Did they try to keep her hidden, even from their four year old son? So many questions, and not enough answers.
"So what you're saying is you wanted to take an innocent girl up to your room and seduce her," Becca said coyly, fluttering her eyelashes at him. "I don't know. I'm not that kind of girl. You'll have to really work your way to get a kiss from me."
Hunter chuckled, loving that she played along. He pulled her closer, sliding his arms around her waist. "Hard to get, eh? I think I can win you over. I've got the skills."
She tilted her head to the side. "Oh? This I need to see."
He leaned over and kissed her neck, trailing all the way to her jaw. "You know you want to kiss me. I'm one of your painting inspirations." He blew air on the nape of her neck. Her fingers dug into his back. "Come on, give a man his wish. Do I have to beg?"


A MASTERPIECE OF OUR LOVE
FREE
AMAZONiTUNESKOBOB&N
A MASTERPIECE UNRAVELED
99 cents
AMAZONiTUNESKOBOB&N
A FOREVER MASTERPIECE
99 cents
AMAZONiTUNESKOBOB&N

I'm an avid lover of books. I've been writing as far back as I can remember, completing my first "book" by fifth grade in one of those one subject spiral notebooks. I have a passion for music, photography, jewelry and all things creative. I live in Arizona with my husband and son, but dream of being somewhere much colder and stormier. For now, I'll have to live that life through my characters and stick it out with the summer heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment