Monday, January 25, 2016

Pieces of Him by Alice Tribue







Title: Pieces of Him
Author: Alice Tribue
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
 Release Date: January 25, 2016




Blurb


You want the truth?

The truth is there’ll never be enough time in the world to figure out how to go back.

I’ll never come up with a way to change the outcome.

The truth is I don’t need to hear I have a son.

I can’t deny it’s real because he’s the living, breathing proof my life is out of control.

But the truth is I love him.

The truth is it’s just him and me for the foreseeable future…

Until I met a girl who crossed my heart and changed it all.

Emelia was a bright star in my abandoned sky, and it would take a miracle to keep her there.

I’ll fight for miracles, though, because losing them would mean losing pieces of me.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK


Review
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆


This was a roller-coaster of an emotional ride with plenty of ups and downs. Max doesn't come across as a stand-up guy when his friend with benefits becomes pregnant. Left to raise his son alone under tragic circumstances, Max struggles to come to terms with the responsibility. Emelia, trying to get out from under her mother's thumb and away from her ex, stands up for what she believes in and is surprisingly fiery. Her attitude and her capacity to give and love, provide Max the strength he needs to accept and love his son. Together they are amazing and stronger. However, Emelia's ex refuses to give up on her, threatening their carefully constructed haven.

This was beautifully written and captured the emotions and struggles perfectly. I loved the developing relationships between father and son, Max and Emelia, and Emelia and Xander. It is clear that they all have great capacity to love under the right circumstances, and they all bring the best out in each other. I can't wait to read more from Alice Tribue. Loved it!




Author Bio




Alice Tribue lives with her husband and daughter in New Jersey. She has a bachelors degree in communications and is currently working on her masters degree. She spends most of her free time reading, writing, and when the weather permits lounging out on a beach.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment