Monday, July 6, 2020

Slow Burn by Victoria J. Best


Title: Slow Burn
Series: Gandy's Ridge #1 
Author: Victoria J. Best
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 6, 2020
Cover Design: Dark City Designs
Once upon a time Thatcher King and I were friends, best friends. He was the one I turned to when someone hurt me, until he was the one doing the hurting. He was the one I talked to about my fears and secrets, until he used them against me. Had several years apart healed the wounds that Thatcher gave me over and over, or was he just an old flame ready to burn me slowly until there was nothing left but ash? 

Review
Rating: 3.5*

A second chance/enemies to lovers story.

Thatcher and Shay have a history together - a history that left Shay broken on numerous occasions. Thatcher thought he was protecting her from his messed up life but ultimately it was him that hurt her. 

Now he is back and is determined to win her back for good...if he can keep his past in his past. Understandably Shay takes some convincing to take a chance on him and with lots of people weighing in, Shay will have to stand firm.

This is a relationship that takes years to get to the point of a potential HEA and with ups and downs along the way.  I did enjoy their journey, albeit that I got frustrated along the way. Shay was quick to jump to the worst all the time, which was understandable but Thatcher worked hard to prove that he is a good guy. She had difficulty letting go of the past.


Victoria J. Best writes contemporary romance with a sexy twist. She lives on the east coast with her husband, two kids, and a very pampered Yorkie. 
When she’s not writing, she’s reading, baking or crafting—probably in that order.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment