Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Review for 'After Care' By: L.B. Dunbar



"After Care" By: L.B. Dunbar
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆   

I'm going to start with how much I loved Edie. Edie is a woman that spoke to me and is not your typical young female lead. She has lived and she has survived. Being in her 40's having survived her marriage failing and breast cancer, she is remarkable. 

Taking a family vacation to Hawaii is exactly what she needed. What she needed more but didn't realise it was Tommy. Tommy who used to be a rock start and now manages a rock band Tommy who helps her find her confidence again and makes her feel sexy. She is refreshing with her no clue who Tommy is. He is refreshing with how down to earth he is. A holiday fling or something more?

I came away from reading this feeling all warm and fuzzy and hopeful. I felt fulfilled and refreshed. This was just what the doctor ordered. Still smiling thinking about this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment