Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review of The Truth About Kadenburg by T.E Ridener




"The Truth About Kadenburg" - Book 1 of the Kadenburg Shifters Series
by: T. E. Ridener
Ratings: ☆☆☆☆☆

       The first book in the Kadenburg Shifters Series introduces you to most of the major players you need to know (the shifters - wolves and bears) and the rules and customs of each group. While Presley and Lorcan are the main couple, you learn about all of the characters in a wildly fascinating manner that is well-written, easy to follow, and SUPER interesting! At first, I was a little leery to read this series, as I thought it may feel a bit like the final fight in the Twilight series. However, I was VERY wrong. It took one chapter in the first book for me to be hooked, which is pretty early for me. I immediately felt a kindred spirit with Presley. Having gone through similar things, I identified with her early on. I love her determination and her independence, yet her complete ability (eventually) to depend on her chosen family. Lorcan was easy to adore, as his complete infatuation with Presley was genuinely heartfelt. The remainder of the characters are just as lovable and easy to read as Presley and Lorcan. I thought this book was extremely well written. It was very easy for me to follow the multiple points of view, as well as the many story lines for each of the characters. I loved this book so much that I immediately started reading the second one and put off work all day today in order to finish the second book. Although I'll pay for that later, I could not stop reading! I highly recommend this book (and the second in the series), even if paranormal/shifter books are not your usual genre. You'll genuinely enjoy the story and the characters!

Get your copy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment