Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Upcoming Review of "The Mermaid's Lament" by: Lori Worley




"My world blurred around me and collapsed in a kaleidoscope of brilliant colors. I felt the faint feeling of my mother’s fingers as she traced the shape of my eyes and the line of my bottom lip but rougher hands replaced them, sealing my nostrils and shoving my head back with unexpected pressure. I could taste the bitterness of all my mother’s lost hope in the witches’ poison, sliding down my throat, thick with resolve. I fought against it, sending tendrils of black mucus into the water around my face. The agony was already spreading as though my father had used the same hand he had restrained me with to begin ripping my tail down the side of me, and then there was only blackness and it was blinding. Aggrafina is a mermaid cast out of the sea and the life she knows. She is found by Adrik, a man who is bitter and lost amongst his own kind. The show is where Adrik allows the world a small glimpse into the anomalies that hide in its forests and wash up from its seas. Aggrafina becomes an unwilling participant in the show just as her very presence causes Adrik to become an unwilling participant in reliving parts of his past. Despite the new relationships found within the stone buildings on an isolated island Aggraafina's restless heart wants only one thing...to go home, but will she?"

Get yours here:

Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment