Friday, January 24, 2014

Author Spotlight: Melissa Brodsky!

1. Tell us about your book/books: Adina is a character I came up with in 2009 after I had choked down a vile mini bottle of red wine on a flight out of LA. It took me four years to figure out how to take her story, the prologue of Adina Falling, and create an entire life around her. Finally, I figured it out and Threads of Fate series was born.

2. How did you get started as a writer: I always wanted to be a writer, for as long as I can remember. Somehow, I lost that goal during the first meandering part of my life journey. But, I took this crazy little side path and co-wrote a book called Dark Redemption with Nicole Andrews Moore and I haven't stopped writing since.

3. What is a typical day like for you:  A typical day in my life? Seriously? Do you really want to be that bored? I drive kids, I stare at my computer until I'm drooling, I drive kids again, I clean the house, do the laundry and if I'm lucky, I might get a couple thousand words written.

4. Describe your workspace: Usually, I sit at the kitchen table facing the window. I share my table/desk with a couple cats that like to perch on my keyboard sometimes, or my lap other times. During the day, my work/office/home is loud due to these dogs I have. The bark. AT EVERYTHING. It sort of drives me insane.

5. Favorite books: Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier, A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, A Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger are three of my faves.  Mostly I go for genre these days. Paranormal is my favorite...I love vampires.

6. Three interesting things: I have ADD and was recently diagnosed and medicated for it, which is a shame because had this been done when I was younger, I would have ruled the world by now.  I don't like bananas, there is something gross about them.  That's two...I guess there aren't three interesting things about me. Hm.

7. Advice to writers: My best advice would be to just do it. You want to be a writer then write because if you aren't writing then you aren't a writer, you're a dreamer. 

Check her out on Facebook here:

Get her Books here:

No comments:

Post a Comment