Thursday, September 11, 2014

Review of “First Encounter, A Lady’s Series Book 1” by: Candy O’Donnell



“First Encounter, A Lady’s Series Book 1” by: Candy O’Donnell
Rating: ☆☆☆☆

Eric Holtzer, prince and playboy extraordinaire goes through the motions of being a spoiled royal. He eventually grows up and learns the value of people and doing right. Eric is in the US doing goodwill work when he meets Vivian DuCrane by chance. Vivian basically knocks the breath out of Eric as he falls for her in that instant meeting.

As the book progresses, I felt a little disjointed about Eric and Vivian. I wasn’t sure about who they were and how they interacted. Then it suddenly dawned on me, if the roles were reversed it would be totally normal. Eric’s point of view and being unsure of Vivian and her feelings is more like what I’m used to reading for a gal. Vivian is the strong and remote character. Vivian has her own secrets but wants Eric to understand.

There is a lot of growing up on Eric’s part as we follow the events through the book. Without spoiling the events, I can just say they are pretty severe and would make anyone grow up and stop being spoiled. I liked the details and descriptions of the places and events. Once I had my ah ha moment about Eric & Vivian, I was able to settle in and enjoy the rest of the book. Hopefully you’ll enjoy this playboy falling in love and becoming a better person.




No comments:

Post a Comment