Monday, September 22, 2014

Grading Him/Reaching Her by Elizabeth Lynx Book Tour


Blurb

Josephine Powell is an intelligent assistant professor of Psychology. She is a woman who knows what she wants, a man she would be happy giving a grade A to in the bedroom. Unfortunately, she has yet to meet a man that even comes close. She’s tired of dealing with men who just don’t try, she needs a man who can handle her and her needs.
Pierce Carver is a smart man. So, smart he got out of the slums of Baltimore to go to MIT and make a lot of money so he never has to visit his old neighborhood ever again. He’s not interested in making money anymore; he’s interested in only two things, his charity to help inner city youth and woman. The later he prefers variety, as in one good lay and then out the door you go. Women are for sex and nothing more.
Josephine meet Pierce.
Pierce meet Josephine.
Can they handle what each wants and needs?

Excerpt

“If you keep that up Pierce we’ll never make it back to your place.”
Confused I lower her arm and let go.
“My place?”
She pushed me away and walks back toward the hall, but turns to look at me before she disappears.
“Yeah, your place. I’m hungry though, I hope you have some food. I want to make sure I have all the energy I need for when you fuck me so long and hard I forget what decade I’m in and start quoting ‘Wayne’s World’.”
She turns and is gone.
It’s a good thing because I just fell to my knees and slumped over. If someone was watching they would think I was having a heart attack. I’m not having the heart attack, my dick is.



Reaching Her Book Blurb:

Josephine Powell is an intelligent assistant professor of Psychology. She is a woman who knows what she wants: a man who can earn a grade "A" in the bedroom, but is smart enough to earn an "A" in romance as well. After last night with Pierce Carver she thinks she found her first-ever A-man, but will he be able to capture her heart in the daytime?
Pierce Carver has, between hard work and brains, achieved everything he's set his eye on. A serial entrepreneur, now independently wealthy, his sexual prowess has always kept women from leaving after the deed was done, much to his chagrin. Until the night Josephine comes into his life, that is: the one woman he wanted to stay through the next morning! It’s the morning after the best sex of his life, when he wakes to find neither her nor her number, only an enigmatic note. Will he even be able to find her? If he does, will she even want a man who has no idea how to woo a woman?

Excerpt

I brush some wisps of hair that fluttered across her face. Hearing her sigh I look down at her lips and step a little closer.
“I adored your presents this week especially the poem. Did you write that yourself?”
A slight sting of embarrassment sears up inside and I turn my head away.
“Yes. I like to read poetry. It fascinates me how Poe or Wilde or Keating tell an emotional story by intricately linking certain words together.”
Turning my gaze back to her I notice a surprised look on her face.
“Really, do you write much yourself?”
“No, that was my first attempt. I always felt it was out of my league. But you very much inspire me and I felt compelled to write that. In truth I wrote it Sunday to express what I was feeling at the time and never meant for you to see it. But, I couldn’t think of what to give you Friday, so I gathered my nerve and sent it to you.”
“Will you please kiss me Pierce?”
Those words, her voice its intensity shone out and my eyes closed of their own accord. My dreams had whispered those words behind my ears and she was many things in them but never like this. Never this real, this soft and oh so rich with desire.
My eyes flew open to drink her in and I could see the intense heat mirrored back to me. I reach up cupping her face in my hands before I brush my lips lightly to hers. She gives off a whimper which sends me over the edge as my lips overtook hers. They are softer than I remember with such sweetness I thought I would explode.

Elizabeth Lynx author bio

Grew up in Maryland and lived an average life. In college I was a theater major, but wasn’t that good at acting so I left the acting world behind once I graduated. I did keep up writing my comedy sketches and eventually pursued Improv. That took me to Chicago where I was in the Second City Conservatory Program. But, like much of my life and to my husband’s chagrin, I gave up Improv. I have a tendency to lose interest in things after a certain period of time, my mom is the same way. So, now I am a writer, no longer the performer. I make my characters perform for me. My husband and I and my two little boys have moved back to the Washington DC area to be closer to family. Every day I take care of my kids and while they nap or eat or play I write.

Author Links

  • Links to social media sites for the author:

Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment