Friday, May 23, 2014

Author Spotlight ~ Dawn Robertson



Dawn Robertson is a twenty-something indie erotic romance author, and mother. She lives in sunny senior citizen packed Florida, where she wrangles her flock of kids and writes smut.
Dawn can normally be found swearing like a sailor, making late night drive-thru appearances, arguing with her kids (or being run over by their power wheels), reading a steamy romance while hiding in her bathroom, writing her little heart out on her laptop (or dragging her Macbook to the Genius bar praying they can save her latest work in progress), shopping for My Little Pony goodies, being the life of the party at a book signing, or sipping on a smoothie. She loves to hear from her fans, readers, and authors alike. Feel free to drop her a message.
Dawn rarely takes life seriously, so be sure to expect heavy sarcasm from her. She is also the life of the party, so be sure to meet up with her at one of the many author events she will be attending in the next couple months. Buy her a shot of whiskey, and she will love you for life.



AuthorDawnRobertson@gmail.com






Hers - Dawn Robertson Book #1 in the Hers Series 
In all my years, I’ve never been on a real date. Back in college, Daniel never took the time to plan anything special. I thought shit like this only existed in Hollywood. Levi never releases his tender grip on my hand as he walks me to the center of the thick glass window. I release his hand and grasp the railing in front of me as the entire room starts to move, climbing into the night sky. Lights line the outside of the spacious, moving room, leaving a low glow shining into our private space. “The view is beautiful. The city is gorgeous at night.” I stare out as far as the eye can see. Lights shine in the night sky over London. Landmarks glisten in the distance and the rich history of the city is cataloged in my memory. “Not nearly as beautiful as you, Seven,” Levi counters. Smooth. I want to laugh at him, but I just smile uncomfortably. I’m not good at accepting compliments on my looks; I never have been. “Laying it on thick, Levi.” I turn for the table, taking my wrap off and laying it on one of the two antique chairs. “Hey, I speak nothing but the truth.” He comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my midsection, and nuzzling his nose into the hair resting around my shoulders. “You smell good enough to eat.” His words send a shock through me, and my pussy slowly becomes slick with my need for him. Moving out of his arms, I walk back to the glass, only to discover we’re almost at the very top of the Eye. His arms wrap around me once again, and my anxiety starts to flee. 

Buy Links:








Crashed - Dawn Robertson (Stand Alone)

“When I was a boy, I loved this spot. No matter what bad would come my way, I could always come here and clear my mind.” He paused before turning toward Emily. When their eyes met, fireworks began to fly once again. The days of hurt and pain were slowly drifting away while their attraction drifted back, front and center. “I've never brought anyone here; it was just too special to share—until now...” he added before jumping out of the truck.
Emily followed suit, meeting him at the front of the truck as he walked around. He swept her off her feet, carrying her around to the bed of the truck. She hadn't noticed before they left the house, but he’d thrown in an air mattress, and turned the bed of his truck into a comfy bed. “Join me, my lady?” He lowered her down into the bed of the truck. She lay comfortably on the mattress, resting her sandy hair on a pillow he’d grabbed off his gran's couch. He turned to pull all the extra blankets around them he’d taken before leaving the house.
“Now the blankets make sense, you sneak,” she said with a chuckle. When he jumped over the side of the truck bed, she lost no time before snuggling next to him, resting her head in the crook of his arm. They lay together, speechless, just listening to the soundtrack of nature. The creek ran with the occasional splash, the crickets chirped their own symphony of nature, dogs barked in the distance, and while Emily's head rested on Avery's chest, she marveled at the sound of his heartbeat.
The sun continued to set in one of the most beautiful scenes Emily had ever seen. Everything had been nothing short of storybook perfect. Avery's grip tightened, pulling her closer to his warm body. While he only wore a thin white undershirt and a pair of jeans, his body radiated enough heat to keep her warm. He finally broke the silence.
“Emily, please don't tell me I’m the only one who thinks there is something really special between us?”
His words took her off guard. She expected him to spill about the emotional mess of losing his mother and the days of stress they’d just lived through. Instead, he was opening up to

her about their relationship, something she hadn't even thought about since making their way to Georgia.
She inhaled sharply, completely taken off guard. “Yes, there is something really special between us, something I’ve never felt before.” She ran her fingers through his messy hair while gazing at his face, mentally cataloging the way he looked right at this moment. His strong jaw was lightly covered by two days of stubble, his eyes slightly puffy from the tears he’d shed. But despite the rough days, he still looked absolutely edible. Slowly, her fingers drifted down his still body, running circles along his taut stomach.


Buy Links:


Author Interview

1.Tell us about your book/books?  Oh gosh! Well, I have two different styles of books. I have an erotic/suspense series called “The Hers Series” which is extremely racy, and pushes the envelope at every turn. Then I have two contemporary romance novels which are both stand alone books. Crashed, which is a fire fighter romance. And Take Me Out, which is based in Boston.

2. How did you get started as a writer?  Well for years I was a blogger. I wrote my own website, and eventually became a full time contributor of babble.com which is now owned by Disney. Through my love for romance novels, I decided to try my hand and the rest is really history.

3. Whats a typical day like for you?  Ugh. LOL!  Wake up way too early to get kids up for school, take the dog out and wait for him to poop. (Yup, so glamorous!) Do two rounds of school drop offs, all while checking my email from my cell phone. Grab a smoothie or coffee and lock myself in my office until it is time for school pickup. Depending on the day there is writing, emails to weed through, social media to schedule. Essentially handling every aspect of my work. Then pick the kids up, do dinner, baths, bedtime, and sit online until late when I can’t keep my eyes open anymore. That is a pretty “typical” day.

4. Describe your workspace.  My office is also my laundry room. It is helpful because I can get two things done at once. LOL  It really is the only way to keep the laundry from backing up as well.

5. Favorite books?  Oh god. My list is SO long.   I love Madeline Sheehan’s MC series, RL Griffin’s By a Thread series, ANYTHING by Tara Sivec. Oh man, the Blackstone series by Raine Miller, the list goes on for days.

6. Tell us 3 interesting things about you.   I sleep with a teddy bear every night.   I am obsessed with My Little Pony’s.  I have really bad social anxiety.

7. Favorite quote:   Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  - Steve Jobs


8. Best and worst part of being a writer?   Oh gosh. Well there are many in both categories. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and sometimes they stink. Your books aren’t going to be for everyone but I am an extremely sensitive person. When someone is harsh with my work I take it personally when I know I shouldn’t. That is a huge downfall of mine.  The best part? The messages from fans. A little over a month ago I had a mother who recently lost a child contact me and thank me for my books because they helped her maintain some sort of peace and calm in her life while going through some of her darkest hours. There is nothing more touching in the world.

9. Advice to writers?  If you wanna write?  Just do it. Don’t let the haters bother you. If it is what you love… DO what you LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment