Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Curse by Margaret McHeyzer




Title: The Curse
Series: The Butterfly Effect #2
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Release Date: August 20, 2017



Blurb

It's been the butterfly effect.
I changed the course of my life because I warned a man.
I thought what I had was a gift, but it's quickly turning into my curse.
Now I realize I'm much more than a girl with an ability.
Because now... I'm becoming a weapon.






Review
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆


I nearly passed up the opportunity to read this duet of books because my head reads urban fantasy and says no, don't go there.  But I have ignored my head in the past and found some amazing books and new authors along the way.  It was Margaret McHeyzer's name that swayed me into taking a chance here as she has never produced a book I haven't enjoyed.  I'm glad now that I took that chance as this has been an amazing ride packed into two glorious books.

Alexa is back, with this book picking up where the previous one left off, and she is starting to realise that her 'gift' is more of a curse.  She realises that she will never be safe as long as she is alive and the bad guys know about her talent.  Alexa is an incredibly strong and tenacious young lady, who stands strong in the face of pure evil and the violence that comes with it.  I was constantly amazed by her courage and stubbornness throughout.  Whilst Jude is determined to protect and ensure her safety, he is not squeaky clean himself.  However, Alexa brings out his softer side and this very often surprises him and shows in his actions towards her.

All in all this was a great series.  The twists and turns kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat wondering what the outcome would be for Alexa as well as for Jude.  I loved these characters and loved how they were individually and together.  I would definitely take a risk on this series you will not be disappointed.  

Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS






Also Available


FREE for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS






Author Bio

NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER OF UGLY AND MISTRUST
**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.
Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.

My last three books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and stories.

My writing genres all differ, but the one thing I keep consistent is my heroines. All my female lead characters are strong, gutsy and not the 'perfect' woman. While my books all have romantic elements in them, they aren't just about the romance. They're about finding strength, acceptance and making life long connections.

I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I have while writing them.



Author Links





No comments:

Post a Comment