Sunday, March 29, 2015

Kestrel by A.M. Hargrove





Kestrel (A Hart Brothers Novel)
**Though is part of the Hart Brothers Series, This is a Stand Alone Novel
**Not intended for readers under the age of 18 due to its mature content and strong language.

Two lives with horrific pasts. One chance meeting that changed them both forever.

“One look at her and I want to run. Frizzy hair, thick glasses, mom jeans, and ruffles up to her neck. Who the hell wears shit like that? What decade is she living in? My mother doesn’t even dress like that!”

Raised by a monster, Kestrel Hart somehow survived. Now that the monster is dead, he’s trying to move on, to pull himself together. Struggling with issues no one can imagine, he moves away from his family, from the brother who loves him and the sister-in-law who supports and understands him the best.

Charleston, South Carolina is his new home. And he has a purpose. He’s opening up a new division of his brother’s corporation. But a surprise awaits him. Her name is Carter Drayton.

Carter’s past is also a painful one. She is dealing with the tragic death of her family. She’s healing in the only way she knows how.

Carter needs love. Kestrel craves human contact. Neither of them recognizes what’s right before their eyes. Will they see it before it’s too late?







Amazon Canada:  http://bit.ly/CanKindle
Smashwords:  http://bit.ly/1GbSyFG




As we walk back to his place he says something to me that I’m not sure how to take.
“Carter, I was so wrong about you.”
“How’s that?”
“Remember the day we met and you asked me if you weren’t good enough and I said you weren’t bad enough?”
“Yeah, I remember.”
“I don’t want you to be bad.” He stops and turns me to face him. “I need good in my life. I need an angel, a human angel, like you. I’m sick of all the bad.” Then he kisses me. We’re in the middle of King Street and people are everywhere, having to move around the obstacle we’ve created. But Kestrel doesn’t give a damn. He ends it as quickly as he started it and I’m walking with him, stunned by his comment.
“Kestrel?”
“Yeah?”
“Will you tell me your story someday?”
“Yeah. But it may be a while.”
“Okay.” I wrap my arm around his waist as we walk. “Do me a favor though.”
“What is it?”
“Don’t hurt me. I’m sort of fragile and I don’t think I can deal with that.”
“Same here, Carter.”
“Do me another favor, please.”
“Sure.”
“Whatever you do, don’t let me fall in love with you.”
He stops walking. “Why’s that?”
“Because someone always loses in love.”





 One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would quickly be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So, she rolled down the passenger window of her fabulous (not) company car and tossed out her leather briefcase. Luckily, the pedestrian in the direct line of fire was a dodge ball pro and had über quick reflexes enabling him to avoid getting bashed in the head. Feeling a tad guilty about the near miss, A. M. made a speedy turn down a deserted side street before tossing her crummy, outdated piece-of-you-know-what laptop out the window. She breathed a liberating sigh of relief, picked up her cell phone, called her boss, and quit her job. Grinning, she made another call to her hubs and told him of her new adventure (after making sure his heart was beating properly again).

So began A. M. Hargrove's career as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author. Her books include the following: Edge of Disaster, Shattered Edge and Kissing Fire (The Edge Series); The Guardians of Vesturon Series (Survival, Resurrection, Determinant, reEmergent, and Beginnings); Dark Waltz, Death Waltz, Tragically Flawed (Tragic 1), Tragic Desires (Tragic 2), Exquisite Betrayal, Dirty Nights; and lastly Freeing Her, Freeing Him, and Kestrel—all part of the Hart Brothers Series.


Other than being in love with writing about love, she loves chocolate, ice cream, and coffee and is positive they should be added as part of the USDA food groups.




No comments:

Post a Comment