Friday, April 5, 2019

Review of "Loving Disaster" By: Alex L. Michaels




"Loving Disaster" By: Alex L. Michaels
Rating: 3.5*

So Aster is on a treasure hunt.  Her grandfather left her a map and she is in need of a guide.  'Hunter' is the guide she needs and wants but they don't get off to the best start and bad luck seems to follow them throughout their adventure.  Their attraction for each other is obvious but they spend a huge amount of the book butting heads and annoying the hell out of each other and me.

I would like to have read more about the lost treasure they were seeking incorporated into the story to add something more to it.  It would have added more to the bookworm theme of this series.  It felt like an after thought and wasn't really part of the story, yet was hanging around trying to get some attention. 

I found Aster really annoying at times and found it difficult to connect with her as nothing seemed to please her.  Hunter's size was mentioned frequently and I have this image of a giant in all areas when thinking of him.  He has the patience of a saint not to leave Aster at the first opportunity or anytime afterwards.

I have enjoyed this series to this point but, whilst I enjoyed this book for the most part, it hasn't been my favourite of the series.  I read a lot of action/adventure books when I'm not reading romance and adding in more historical detail and bringing the lost treasure to life would have been that extra dimension that would have turned this into a more rounded read.  Despite saying this, I did still enjoy reading this book, purely to see what disaster would find them next and what trouble they would get into next.




No comments:

Post a Comment