Tuesday, April 9, 2019

All the Lonely Hearts by Ella Rye

Title: All the Lonely Hearts: Poetry Inspired by Music
Author: Ella Rye
Genre: Free Verse Poetry, Poetry
Release Date: April 9, 2019 
Cover Design: By Hang Le
Poetry
Has given me a reason
To breathe
A reason to be
Inspiration
It comes in many forms. One of those can be music. Be it the melody, or the story it’s trying to tell.
All the Lonely Hearts is an exploration of inspiration. Be it the melody, the story, or even a word. Ella Rye brings these two worlds crashing together. Each poem is inspired by a song.
All the Lonely Hearts is a collection of Free Verse Poetry.

Helpless
I feel so hopeless 
Falling through all these open walls 
This loneliness it seeps through 
Every piece of me
Falling so delicately 
Tell there’s nothing to see 
They are all so blind 
Days I spend in this empty bed 
It’s all I know
No warmth 
Even though 
The fire burns 
This cold takes 
hold of my bones 
I feel so helpless
This sickness 
The scars 
They have never been left to heal 
It’s only me 
Feeling this hopelessness 
That no one else 
Will ever know 
I keep it behind these closed doors
Ella Rye grew up in small-town California. She grew up loving words. An avid reader from a young age. During her teen years, she developed a love for poetry and began writing. The words flowed out of her naturally, never even really knowing the type of poetry she was writing. Over the years, poetry helped her throughout her life. It was therapeutic, and now she hopes that her poetry can help those who are going or have gone through the same things. Love and heartbreak have always been a major theme. 
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment