Saturday, December 28, 2019

Wannabe More by Billie Dale

Title: Wannabe More
Series: Love in Seven Mile Forge #1
Author: Billie Dale
Genre: New Adult Romance


From Author Billie Dale comes a story of friendship spanning two decades. A life of loyalty, family and love tested by decisions made with the best intentions. With Dale’s signature wit and a cast of characters you can’t help but adore. Wannabe More, book one in Love In Seven Mile Forge, will prove second chances do exist.
After years of friendship, that summer he was mine. 
With our futures waiting to take us down separate paths after graduation, we made a pact. 
To explore being more than friends.
To indulge in all we’d been holding back. 
We couldn't have possibly known it would change everything. 
One unexpected night in the barn, seeking refuge from the rain, altered our destiny but I refuse to let our actions undo all his hard work. 
I’ll sacrifice everything for him to live out his dream in the NBA. But when he finds out the truth, will he hate me for it?

Mazric

“I am an idiot.” Her body falls lax and her head snuggles into the cup of my palm. “This, tonight was never friendship because you’ve been more from the start. Yes, you drove me crazy, and I hated how I couldn’t wait to spend my days with a yucky girl. I’ve tried to put you in so many boxes because losing you is not an option. You’re superior to me in all things, including knowing how you felt, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t feel it.” I raise her hand, laying it where my heart pounds. “There’s this special place right here, and it’s labeled Sammy Lee. Tonight belonged to you, whether it was at this stupid dance or sitting in my room in pajamas. I admit I pitied you for a minute a million years ago, but then you became so precious; I not only need to protect you but want you all for myself.”

“Mazric.” My name whispers like a prayer and her eyes turn to moss as wetness builds on her lower lids.

My finger trails her jawbone, my thumb settling on the pad of her bottom lip. “Your first kiss? Was Hendrix so horrible you’ve forgotten making out with him in eighth grade at Asia’s party?” 

Her lips pull tight and her brow form an unhappy, confused scrunch before her eyes spring open wide. “I figured you would’ve put it all together when Asia came to school complaining. Hendrix held my hair while I puked in all the pretty shoes in the closet. There was no kissing, touching, or anything else just a lot of spiked punch purging.”
Billie Dale lives in no-where middle earth. Lost in a small village in the Midwest with four kids, three animals and an amazing, word inspiring book boyfriend worthy husband. 
A blogger by nature and a writer because she got tired of arguing with the voices in her head. She loves and lives the words on the page, whether writing them or reading them her life is consumed by the worlds her head creates. 
Her greatest wish is that readers will fall in love with her words as much as she loves writing them and as much as she loves reading others. She loves to create new worlds to explore and loves to write words that will take root in you soul. 
Paranormal, New Adult, Romantic Comedy, Contemporary — there is not one box she fits in. She’s a rebel in the author world who writes what her head tells her even it jumps from genre to genre.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment