Monday, June 10, 2019

Calming the Riot by Karen Renee

Title: Calming the Riot
Series: A Riot MC Novel
Author: Karen Renee
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: May 28, 2019

“... totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner.” ~ Wendy’s Book Blog
“... well written MC romance story full of action, suspense and love.” ~ Amazon Review
“... has great chemistry, intense heat and lots of action.” ~ Amazon Review
Jim "Liar" Huntley's loyalty to the Riot MC brotherhood is unquestionable. Especially since before becoming a fully-patched member, he killed a man to protect a brother. When a favor to another brother forces him to meet Andrea Paglia, he knows she's out of his league. Making matters worse, she is off-limits because she's old friends with the President's old lady. Weeks later, Liar notices his brothers ogling Andrea at a club party, and he cannot restrain his anger.
Andrea falls in lust with Liar the moment he walks into her massage studio. She senses Liar restraining himself around her, but she's determined to go after the man she wants. For once, she grabs what she wants from life. Conflict arises when former co-workers implore her to lend them a hand during the holidays. Forced to tell Liar about her past, she uncovers another facet to her alpha biker. 
Little does Andrea know, she's being used as a pawn in a larger scheme to bring down the Riot MC. Liar believes Andrea deceived him and will not be betrayed twice. The perceived deception tears Liar and Andrea apart while also forcing a rift between the Riot MC brothers.
Liar discovers he was wrong, and struggles between guarding his heart and asserting his love for her. Will he be able to claim her as his own?
I bolted up from my seat. “You don’t tell me what I can and can’t do. Hell, what we shared was…”
No way could I admit that he was the best I ever had and the best I ever would have. That seemed like too much of an ego stroke to a man like him, and with his very mixed signals, I wasn’t about to give him that stroke. My prior experiences with men hadn’t been the best, so I was reticent for that reason as well. I couldn’t put my feelings about last night out there only to have him take advantage of me. Then he’d be no different than the many men in my past who took my giving and caring nature and used it to their benefit. Rarely did they reciprocate those caring or giving feelings. My thoughts were interrupted by Liar.
“Pretty damn great. What we shared was great, but I’m telling you, no more pullin’ shit to get me to give you what you want. I won’t be led around by my dick. Yesterday excluded, obviously.”
If it hadn’t been for Jackie, I would have been supremely offended by his remark. However, Jackie had told me plenty about the many issues facing the various brothers of the Riot MC, and I knew that a few of them had a tendency to be influenced too much by their libidos. It would seem the only downside to that would be for those men, but there was a downside for strong women, too. These men viewed women who were aggressive sexually as women who were insistent to lead them around by their cocks. While the knowledge Jackie had imparted to me meant I wasn’t offended, it didn’t mean I wasn’t pissed because I was.
Planting my hands on my desk, I leaned toward him. “You have some nerve assuming shit like that about me. I have no damn desire to do that to you. It was clear you had some cockamamie reason for keeping your distance, and I didn’t agree.”
His eyes narrowed. “Don’t get pissed.”
I rolled my eyes. “Gee, is there anything I can do? First, you tell me not to get clingy, now I’m not supposed to come on to you or even get pissed with you. I think the woman you’re looking for has the last name of Stepford,” I said in a saccharine sweet voice.
Liar didn’t roll his eyes, but he did close them. “Fuck me. She ain’t just a pain in the ass, but a supreme smart-ass to boot.”
“I am standin’ right here, man. No need to refer to me in the third person or do you refer to yourself that way too?”
That wasn’t only a not very nice thing to say, it was apparently the wrong thing to say. Slowly, Liar stalked around my desk. He invaded my personal space and tilted my chin up to look at him. His eyes slayed me. Angry, hard, bright, or even dull, they were gorgeous, and right now they were hungry with a dash of irritation. “You need to keep that shit in check.”
I pressed my lips together, but I couldn’t hold it back. “That another order?”
His eyes bulged, and then his mouth took mine in a rough kiss. It was hungry, it was angry, and it was delicious. I almost thought he could give me all the so-called orders and demands he wanted to; if disobeying him resulted in kisses like this, then my disobedience was going to be a ton of fun.
   
Karen Renee is the author of the Riot MC Series. She has wanted to be a writer from a very early age, and she’s finally bringing that dream to life. She has worked in advertising, banking, and local television media research. She is a proud wife and mother, and a Jacksonville native. When she’s not at the soccer field or cooking, you can find her at her local library, the grocery store, in her car jamming out to some tunes, or hibernating while she writes and/or reads books.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment