Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Boss by Ellie Isaacson


 
Title: The Boss
Series: The Hitman Series
Author: Ellie Isaacson
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Release Date: June 23, 2020
Cover Design: Francessca Wingfield at Francessca's PR & Design
Natalia
I hated him from the moment I first saw him.
Those bright blue eyes brought reminders of my biggest regret, my greatest loss, the thing that tortured me and had me struggling for control.
Each time I pushed him, he pushed back. Each time he touched me, something in me broke.
He would be the death of me, but I couldn’t stop.
Diesel
Her brothers brought me into their family. Gave me the one thing I needed more than anything else. Then they asked me to do something I wasn’t sure I could.
Take care of her.
She was trouble wrapped up in a gorgeous package, but I wanted to wrap her in my arms. Soothe her worries, calm her fears, show her what it felt like to let go.
The fire between us ignited. But as the walls burned down around me, I’d be forced to choose between the life I’d always known, and the love of my life.
Natalia stood in my way at the door, arms crossed at her chest. She was all power and authority, head held high like a princess. ’Cept the way she looked, her breasts pressed high, the dip between them on display like a gold medal prize? Took all I had not to drink her in. Not to rake my gaze over every last inch of her skin. The swell of her breasts. The smooth curve of her hips. That little pucker of her button bared at her midriff, just begging to be kissed. 
My mouth dried up and my tongue grew thick. My body reacted with a twitch. Blood rushed south and my fingers itched to touch the fire that blazed deep in her eyes. 
But I didn’t. 
Couldn’t. 
It was a hazard I couldn’t touch. 
Trouble. 
From day one, she was trouble.
My hair stood on end as I inched past her. Caught her gaze as she dragged her eyes up from my chest, but I pushed on, rushing past. 
“You think I’m scared of you?” she questioned, voice like a bulldog as she chased me down the hall.
I stopped. 
Turned. 
Took a step backward into the wall as she pushed into my space. 
“Nah, baby girl. You ain’t scared of no one but yourself.” 
She took a step closer, hand pressed against my chest, shoving me into the cold cement. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she said on a scowl. 
“Means whatever you need it to.” 
She narrowed her eyes and I leaned toward her face. “You stand there looking down at me, judging from your tower? Pretending you ain’t got desire in your heart? I see you, little bird. You running scared from anything you can’t control.” My thumb dragged across her full bottom lip as a war raged behind those dark blue eyes. 
Her lips parted. Her eyes closed. She sucked in a sharp breath. 
Quick as a flash, her whole being awoke. She pulled back, swinging her fist at my face. I knocked it away, but she swung again. The back of her hand collided with my cheek, stunning me but not hurting too much. She swung again, harder this time. My hand caught hers, twisted her in her place. I swept my foot out, catching the leg that held her grounded to the floor. 
Her tower toppled. 
She began to fall. 
I’d never let her break. 
I pulled her back against my chest, one arm locked tight around her waist, my other arm pinning her arms across her chest. She squirmed. Raged. Energy crackled and snapped like electricity across a line. Her breath heaved, then held. 
Her body melted against my own.   
Felt every curve and swell as her heated body melded to mine. Felt that tension fade, the electricity sparking and holding strong. Felt the throb and twitch in my jeans against the tight curve of her ass. Felt her heartbeat pound out a steady beat against my chest. 
I raised a shaky hand to her chin, tilting her face toward mine as I skimmed the tip of my nose along her cheek. Her quiet breaths came quick, her body leaning on me like she’d lost her strength. My lips brushed her skin, the taste of her so close. 
“Don’t you worry, baby girl,” I whispered against her cheek, the tip of my tongue licking her sweat from my lips. “I’ll be here to catch you when you fall.” 
She shuddered in my arms. Quick as it left her, that tension made a rebound. Shaking through her, rising up, an inferno devouring everything soft. It exploded out of her, her hands tearing at my skin as she made her escape. 
Cold, cold eyes locked on mine. Her chest heaved, her face giving an angry twitch. Hands shoved hard at my chest and her gorgeous voice gave a quake as it tore through her throat. “Get away from me!” 
She spun. 
Ran, head down as she fled. 
Like she couldn’t get away fast enough. 
I shook my head, watching her go. Called after and her body jumped. “You keep pushing ever’body away, little bird, eventually there ain’t gonna be nobody left.”
Ellie Isaacson has been an avid reader her whole life, but a couple years ago she had a dream that she just couldn't forget. She cultivated that dream and began writing, which became a dream of a different sort. Ellie is thrilled to be able to share her passion with her readers. As an accountant and an author, she slings numbers by day and words by night. She's also a wife and a mother of two amazing boys.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment